Terms Of Service
Welcome to CrowdPol!
This document was last updated on August 13, 2018
- What is CrowdPol?
- General Terms
- Changes to This Terms of Service Agreement
- Creating an account, community, or a campaign
- How Donating (Funding) Works
- Our Fees
- Campaign information
- Refund policy
- Account, Password, and Security
- Links to Other Websites
- Crowdpol’s Intellectual Property (Copyright)
- Governing Law
- Disclaimer of Warranties and Limitation of Liability
- Contact Us
What is CrowdPol?
CrowdPol is a socio-political-Tech platform that gives Nigerians the opportunity to participate in politics and social-good by crowdfunding and supporting political and social good campaigns that matters to them.
- We’ve tried our best to make the language in these Terms of Service as simple as possible, but had to cover our bases with some legal language. If you are confused about anything, you can always send us an email: email@example.com
- Nothing in this Agreement shall be deemed to place you and Crowdpol in the relationship of employer-employee, principal-agent, affiliates, partners or joint ventures.
- The invalidation of any provsion of this Terms of Service shall not affect the validity of any other provision.
- These Terms are intended for the sole and exclusive benefit of you and crowdpol and is not intended to benefit any third party. Only the parties to these Terms may enforce them.
Changes to This Terms of Service Agreement
We reserve the right to change the provisions of this Terms of Service at any time. We will make clear that changes have been made by indicating on the Terms of Service the date it was last updated. Unless otherwise stated in the amendment, the amended Terms of Service will automatically be effective seven days after it is initially posted on the site. We encourage you to review this Terms of Service from time to time to make sure that you understand how any Personal Information you provide will be used.
Questions or comments regarding your privacy or this Terms of Service should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Creating an account, community, or a campaign
- To create an account, community or campaign on our site you must be 18 years or older. If you do create or administer a campaign or community, that campaign or community is subject to our Campaign and Community Terms of Service.
- You can connect using your already existing Facebook, Twitter or Google accounts, or sign in with your email address. You are responsible for your account and information you provide must be true and accurate.
- To change or modify an account, you’ll need to log in at www.crowdpolng.com/login. If you have forgotten your password, you’ll need to reset it at www.crowdpolng.com/user/password/remind
- To delete an account, please email us at email@example.com with the email attached to your account.
How Donating (Funding) Works
- Donations are financial contributions from an individual to a campaign, organization, or candidate.
- Pledges are revocable promises to make a financial contribution.
- With pledges, the money will only be given to the campaign if the campaign successfully raise the total amount for the campaign and you can cancel the pledge before the campaign is fully funded and funds transferred to the campaign creators.
- We do not process payments on our platform, so we are using a secured payment platform Paystack to process your donations more on Paystack here: http://www. paystack.com
- There are no fees for creating an account on the site. Campaign Owners/Creators are charged a Service Fee as a portion of the contributions they raise. Crowdpol’s fee on all funds raised is 5%. Fees are deducted from funds you actually raise (not the goal you set).
- In addition,Paystack(Payment processor) charges a processing fee of 1.5% per donation and this is chargeable on the funds raised.
- CrowdPol do not get any fees on Fixed Funding campaigns that do not meet their goal. All donors are refunded their money within 5 business days from the end date of the campaign.
- Only processing fees will be charged by paystack for refunds to donors.
- One of our primary objectives is to increase voter information for various races and social campaigns around the country, and so we have profiles set up for many candidates and social campaigns. Our aim is to have all social or political campaigns in Nigeria. These profiles, as well as our analysis of campaign contributions, serves to provide our users objective information when they are deciding which campaign to support.
- In cases where our users want to donate to campaigns they find on CrowdPol, we act as a platform to connect the donor to the campaign. For purposes of campaign finance, donations made through CrowdPol are direct donations from the donor to the campaign.
- We aim to have accurate and current information, if you spot any errors or omissions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you’ve made a pledge and changed your mind about contributing to a campaign, email us: email@example.com with your full name and the pledge you would like to cancel. We will then process your payment.
- Donations can be refunded if you make a request before the funds have been transferred to the recipient. Let us know as soon as possible, email: firstname.lastname@example.org with your full name, the name of the candidate/campaign you donated to and the last four digits of the card used to make the donation. If however, the funds have already been transferred to the recipient, you will need to contact the recipient directly to request a refund.
- You can stop using our services at any time and end your agreement with us without charge. For both users and campaign or community creators, please email us at email@example.com and request to cancel your accounts.
You shall defend, indemnify, and hold harmless Crowdpol, its affiliates and each of its affiliates, employees, directors and representatives from all liabilities, claims, and expenses, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, that arise from or relate to your use or misuse of, or access to, the Site, Service, Content or otherwise from your User Submissions, violation of the Agreement, or infringement by you, or any third party using your account, of any intellectual property or other right of any person or entity. Crowdpol reserves the right to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter otherwise subject to indemnification by you, in which event you will assist and cooperate with CrowdPol in asserting any available defenses.
Account, Password, and Security
- You are the sole authorized user of your account. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of any password and account number provided by you or Crowdpol for accessing the services. You are solely and fully responsible for all activities that occur under your password or account. Crowdpol expressly disclaims any liability from misuse of your account. Should you suspect that any unauthorized party may be using your password or account or you suspect any breach of security, contact Crowdpol immediately firstname.lastname@example.org.
Links to Other Websites
- Our site contains links to other websites. Crowdpol does not approve or endorse any third party or its website and takes no responsibility for the content or security of such site neither are we responsible for the privacy practices of other websites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our site and to read the privacy statements of each and every website that collects personally identifiable information.
Crowdpol’s Intellectual Property (Copyright)
The Service and its original content, features and functionality are and will remain the exclusive property of crowdpol. The Service is protected by copyright, trademark, and other laws of The Federal Republic of Nigeria. Our trademarks and trade dress may not be used in connection with any product or service without the prior written consent of Crowdpol at Support@crowdpolng.com
User shall not directly or indirectly: (i) decipher, decompile, disassemble, reverse engineer, or otherwise attempt to derive any source code or underlying ideas or algorithms of any part of the Service, except to the extent applicable laws specifically prohibit such restriction; (ii) modify, translate, or otherwise create derivative works of any part of the Service; or (iii) copy, rent, lease, distribute, or otherwise transfer any of the rights that you receive here under.
If you choose to provide technical, business or other feedback to the Company concerning the Site or the Services (collectively, “Feedback”), the Company will be free to use, disclose, reproduce, license, or otherwise distribute or exploit such Feedback in its sole discretion without any obligations or restrictions of any kind, including intellectual property rights or licensing obligations. You understand and agree that the incorporation by the Company of Feedback into any of its products or services does not grant you any proprietary rights therein.
These Terms shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of The Federal Republic of Nigeria, without regard to its conflict of law provisions.
Our failure to enforce any right or provision of these Terms will not be considered a waiver of those rights. If any provision of these Terms is held to be invalid or unenforceable by a court, the remaining provisions of these Terms will remain in effect. These Terms constitute the entire agreement between us regarding our Service, and supersede and replace any prior agreements we might have between us regarding the Service.
Disclaimer of Warranties and Limitation of Liability
- We’ve worked hard to provide you with these services, but can’t guarantee that things will always run as we had intended it to. Use of our services is “as is” and “as available”, without any warranty of any kind. You use our services at your own risk.
- No advice or information, oral or written, that you obtain from the use of our services shall constitute any warranty.
- Crowdpol shall not be held liable for any errors and omissions in content, losses, or costs that are outside of our control, such as problems with links, payment processing, content on third party sites, or result from inability to access and/or use our services.
- If you have any questions about these Terms, please contact us at: